Terms and conditions
Each oven is assessed for a quality check at the end of its production.
Our ovens are handmade however and some minor irregularities such as slightly different measurements than indicated may occur.
Over the years we have improved our ovens and minimised cracking, however please note that all dome shaped wood fired ovens will tend to develop small cracks either inside or outside. This is common and quite normal. These cracks are under no circumstances structural defects and will not affect the performance or durability of the oven. Cracking is caused by the extreme heat released by fire, causing for the materials to expand and then settle when the oven cools down after use. If you are concerned by the aesthetically aspect of the crack (s), you can touch it up with the cork mix provided with your oven. To avoid excessive cracking you must follow the curing instructions as per the instruction booklet that comes with your oven.
Your Personal Information
Generally your personal information is only requested when you are ordering our products. Personal information collected is limited to that required to make an order, and includes; name, address, phone number, email address, but may include other information if needed to provide the product you have requested.
My-Woodfiredoven will disclose your personal information, without notice, only if requested to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- (a) confirm to the edicts of the law or
- (b) comply with a legal process served on My-Woodfiredoven.
My-Woodfiredoven will not share your personal information other than for the limited exceptions already stated. It will only be used for the purpose stated above.
My-Woodfiredoven requires full payment prior to collecting or to delivery of the ordered products.
Payment methods accepted are:
- (a) Electronic Bank transfer (no fees),
- (b) Bank deposit (no fees),
- (c) Credit Card payments via the check out page on our website (bank fees of 1.9% apply),
- (d) Credit Card payments over the phone (bank fees of 1.9% apply),
- (e) Paypal payments via the check out page on our website (Paypal fees of 2.6% apply).
Order and Delivery Policy
You can place an order either via the website, over the phone or by email.
Upon full payment reception of the ordered goods, the depot of choice will despatch the order for collection either by customer directly or by a freighter selected and prepaid by My-Woodfiredoven. To prepare an order for collection we need to advise the depot 48 hours ahead of the pick up date. For delivery by freighter it may take up to 10 working days from the day freighter collects from one of our depots, depending on the delivery location. We will use our best endeavours to deliver your order within any stated timeframes for dispatch; however we do not warrant that these timeframes will always be met, as many factors may affect these timeframes. We cannot accept responsibility for delivery failures or delays by our third party delivery contractor. We will use all reasonable endeavours to see that deliveries are made according to schedule, but shall not be responsible for delivery delays due to causes beyond our control.
My-Woodfiredoven endeavours to always obtain the best quotes for customers and therefore uses different freighters depending on the delivery location. We also request quotes for different ways of delivery, such as by normal truck where receiver needs to have an unloading device such as a forklift, by tailgated truck where the driver leaves the pallet on the driveway or other, or to a freighter’s depot closest to the delivery address for collection by customer. To obtain better prices My-Woodfiredoven pre-pays your freight and then passes the cost of the freight onto you on the order invoice. You must advise at the time you place your order or later when you discuss delivery with us, of any difficulties that may be involved in the delivery (such as remote rural locations, restricted access, stairs or narrow entries). If you do not state the situation correctly and on arrival the delivery contractor deems it to be a difficult location you will be liable for any extra charges including redelivery fees and the cost of an extra person to assist.
Although My-Woodfiredoven endeavours to select the best freighter for each delivery and most deliveries proceed well, in the exceptional case of any damage or loss caused during transport My-Woodfiredoven does not accept responsibility. Buyer can select to add a transit insurance for the delivery if freighter does offer such.
Refund / Return/Repair Policy
My-Woodfiredoven provides a guarantee of acceptable quality on every product by law. Customer is entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure, or to have the goods repaired if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality but the failure does not amount to a major failure. To claim a quality issue you, buyer, must advise My-Woodfiredoven within 7 days of notice of the issue but within the warranty period of 12 months. It remains however at My-Woodfiredoven’s discretion to judge the failure of the product.
Customer will need to provide good quality photos, with a visible date on each photo, of the suggested failure, as well as proof of purchase.
My-Woodfiredoven will then assess the issue and will, at its option, either
- (a) repair any part of the product which is proven to be defective in
material or workmanship upon My-Woodfiredoven’s examination. The repair will be carried out by My-Woodfiredoven’s personnel or persons appointed by My-Woodfiredoven at My-Woodfiredoven’s premises or if more practical at the site of the Buyer if that is the location of the oven that shows a defect. This warranty does not include removal, installation costs or liability exceeding the selling price of the product. Where we elect to repair defective goods, we will use all reasonable endeavours to repair the goods as soon as possible, but will not be liable for any delay in completing the repairs.
- (b) send you the replacement part (s)
- (c) replace the product;
- (d) refund of the price paid by you for the product.
The Buyer will be liable to My-Woodfiredoven for all reasonable costs incurred by My-Woodfiredoven in relation to the investigation, analysis and testing of a product which is not defective in the reasonable opinion of My-Woodfiredoven.
Conditions for warranty
The warranty on our products is void if loss or damage of any kind (however caused or arising) relating in any way to our products including, but not limited to, loss or damage as a result of:
- (a) any abuse or misuse of the product including operation of the product with not recommended wood types and temperatures above normal cooking temperatures as per the instruction booklet provided with each oven.
- (b) the product being used or attempted to be used in a manner which is beyond normal domestic use capacity and application of the product;
- (c) improper or incorrect installation or site preparation;
- (d) improper maintenance, adjustment(s), modification(s) or contamination caused or induced by the buyer;
- (e) damage caused by rust;
- (f) minor cracking caused by normal use as occurs in dome wood fired ovens
- (g) alleged defect or failure to correspond with description
Disclaimer and indemnity
We shall not be liable for:
- (a) loss caused by any factors beyond our control;
- (b) any indirect or consequential loss of any kind;
- (c) where the terms of any written warranty nave not been complied with, or any manufacturers’ handbook provided to you has not been complied with;
- (d) errors, mistakes or inaccuracies on the website